vrijdag 12 maart 2010

Jazz Festival at Babylon

Sometimes I feel so privileged to be a Bilgi student. Like last weekend we were invited to go to the Jazz Festival at Babylon. Our name was put on the guest list and we could enter free of charge.. I must say that feels nice ;) I already knew that I’m not the biggest jazz fan, but mainstream popular jazz I can handle. Unfortunately this concert was not the popular type, it was the free and improvising style. Well, that wasn’t my thing but at least we tried it and stayed a while just to watch these jazz geeks doing there thing. On our way back home we came a across a romani playing Roman havasi and some girls were dancing. This music was much better so some good music after all ;)
Another advantage of studying at Bilgi is that its media department is really big and it has some good connections with the Turkish soap operas. They needed some supporting actors for a scene at a ‘Italian’ restaurant for this very popular soap opera: Yaprak Dokumu. We, Erasmus students, were asked to join. Miryam applied for it and she got to play a tiny role as a cook. The funny thing was that they were even paid for it!



1 opmerking:

  1. Hi Jaira,

    I am Alper from Istanbul, and I have recently seen your blog, which looks fun..
    I think it can be interesting to read for the tourists/expats coming to Istanbul.

    I am also running a website about Istanbul, and I want to add your website to our 'resources' page.
    I can add your blog as you wish, with the intro words you like.
    http://istanbul.mydestinationinfo.com/en/resources

    I also would like to ask, whether it would be possible to put a link to our website?
    I believe that our site have good practical information for tourists coming to Istanbul. ( actually, we are only 3-months old currently but we work a lot )
    I want to make it a better and better resource in the future, with constant updates.

    In short, I am very happy that I found your blog. I will be following.

    Best wishes,
    Alper
    alper@myistanbulinfo.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen