dinsdag 16 februari 2010

First steps...

Today I made a great start in the Beyazit Kütüphanesi near the Grand Bazar. I was a bit hesitating to go at first because I was alone and all the others had class. But I said to myself this is not a reason not to go. So off I went to the historical part of Istanbul not too far from Sultan Ahmed and Hagia Sofia. Of course when I arrived at the library the staff was having a lunch break and no one could help me out. Luckily there were these Psychology magazines to kill the time. It was very useful...I've found out that I am a 'Negotiator/Explorer' type and that the best match for me is with a 'Director' or also 'Explorer' type. Not long after this enlightening information the staff came back and helped me out to find the women's magazines I came to look at.
To be exact I have scanned through 135 magazines and found a lot of very good information. Most of the magazines had special corners or sections for architecture and interior design. It looks like this.

Now these articles are very important for my thesis because together with the photo's I need to collect, they will form the core of my primary source material. Hopefully I will also come across other types of primary sources, but for now these are enough.

After my visit to the library I thought I would go home walking. It was such a lovely day and I still didn't find time to look at the Sultan Ahmed mosque and walk a bit through the touristic area...and a little further..and further. And than before I realized it I was on Istiklal..so I thought I should also walk all the way home as well. This was my route:


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten