dinsdag 2 februari 2010

There is rain and there is RAIN

So most people, and especially Turkish people, think of Holland as the place which is flat and that it's raining all the time. Well this actually doesn't make any sense to me at all. Because I have never experienced soooo much rain in Holland as I did here in these last two days in Istanbul. It really has been raining non-stop and in the afternoon we were treated with some wet snow as well. All the streets turn into waterfalls and pools. It's really a challenge to make your way though the city. Luckily I've figured out more or less how the public transport and the university shuttles work.
Today was also the registration at Bilgi. All was ok until I wanted to select and apply my courses online. I found out that there just simply was no option to register for the MA-courses. Also they have placed me in the wrong department, History instead of Cultural Studies and therefore I don't know yet who to contact and fix this problem. So tomorrow I'll give it another try and hopefully we can work everything out.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Goodluck tomorrow with changing departments... and keep blogging! It is nice to read your adventures in Istanbul ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen